Connect with us for more information about our programs and how you can get involved.
68 Wheeler Road
Central Islip, NY 11722
Tel: (631) 348-0669
Fax: (631) 348-1562
Get in touch
How may we help you?
We are dedicated to helping those in need. Contact us to see how we can help you or someone you know.
Main Office and Food Bank
68 Wheeler Road, Central Islip, NY 11722
(parking on Linda & Halley Lanes)
Open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
(631) 348-0669 or email@example.com
Ext. 10 – Receptionist
Ext. 19 – Joan Minniti, Executive Director
Ext. 14 – Judy LaVergne, Accounting
Ext. 20 – Lola Harvey, Mortgage Modification & Foreclosure Intervention Services
Ext. 22 – Estela Barros, Spanish Housing Counselor
Where we work
Over the years, the Council has purchased and rehabbed more than 19 homes for resale to lower-income buyers or a rental for low-income tenants; and the constructed 10 new affordable homes for 1st time, lower-income buyers, with 1 home recently sold in 2017.
From Southern State Parkway
- East to Exit 43A (East Islip, Central Islip).
- Bear right off the exit ramp.
- Continue to bear right onto County Road 17 (Carleton Avenue).
- Proceed north on Carleton Avenue.
- Cross over railroad tracks (Carleton becomes Wheeler Road).
- Continue north on Wheeler Road.
- Make left on W. Halley Lane. (Civic Council is on the corner of W. Halley Lane and Wheeler Road)
- Turn left into the dirt parking lot on left, enter 68 Wheeler Road by the back entrance.
From the Long Island Expressway
- Exit 56 south.
- Bear left towards Central Islip (Wheeler Road).
- Stay on Wheeler Road heading south. Cross over Motor Parkway and continue on Wheeler Road.
- Pass cemetery and Central Islip High School on left.
- Make right on West Halley Lane.
- Make a left into the parking lot and enter 68 Wheeler Road through the back entrance.
- Civic Council office is on the corner of West Halley Lane and Wheeler Road.