Central Islip Civic Council Volunteer Opportunities
Looking to help the Council with a Good Cause?
Need to complete Community Service Hours?
Need to meet requirements for Scouts or Honor Society?
We offer a variety of ways in which you can be of assistance to the Council so you can meet your needs. Return completed volunteer application to the Council by email, fax, or mail. The Council will contact you for a meeting appointment.
We are currently seeking volunteers for the below:
Volunteer Freelance Writer
- Assist with the Civic Council News section for the website.
- Prior writing experience, preferably as a Freelancer.
- Own a personal or laptop computer.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- A self-motivated, disciplined approach to work.
Thrift Store Associate:
- Organize and sort donations
- Price items
- Hang and fold the clothes
- Greet and assist customers
- Maintain sales floor appearance
- Keep a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction
Do you like to garden or grow flowers?
- Assist with garden planting
- Maintain existing flower beds
- Water the plants
- Transplant seedlings
- Make flower bouquets
- Harvest vegetables
- Pick up fallen fruit from the fruit trees
Volunteers are always in need all year round.
Food Drive Coordinators:
Help to coordinate a food drive in your local school, church, workplace, club, and troop. Then, donate the collected food items to our emergency food pantry. We serve over 3,000 families in need each year and are always in need of non-perishable items. (cereal, tuna, rice, pasta, soup, dry or canned milk, etc…)
School Supply Drive:
Help students get a head start in the right direction by sending them off to school in September with the tools they need. Any kind of school supply items is appreciated. Elementary, Intermediate, Middle, and High School appropriate.
Neighborhood Watch and Block Captains:
Help make your neighborhood a better place to live. Call us if you see street lights that are not working, big potholes in the road, extremely littered roadways, graffiti, unsafe traffic conditions at pedestrian crossings, vacant or abandoned homes with littered or overgrown lawns.
For more information about volunteering stop by the Central Islip Civic Council
or call (631) 348-0669 Monday – Thursday 9:00 am-4:30 pm.
Our office is located at 68 Wheeler Road, CI, NY 11722 (between W. Halley Lane and Linda Lane, entrance is in the back).